Sunday, August 21, 2016

Moving Moments in Fukushima, Iwaki, Tabito and on the speeding train

Right outside the public recreation center, across the little road, stands this wooden water wheel beside a small shrine..I visit it each morning at dawn and watch it from the communal kitchen. A man comes during our stay to clean it up and check on it.


I think I spent as much time on trains and in stations than ever before - traveling from Tokyo > Fukushima (Iwaki) > Tokyo > Hiroshima > Nagasaki > Hiroshima > Tokyo.....

A beautiful cool stream flowed alongside the abandoned school where I worked along with other artists. One morning while waiting for the school to be opened by a town official, I wandered up the little road and discovered a small heaven...

A 360 degree view of my classroom installation

No comments: