Sunday, November 15, 2015

Lonely Objects

From Saturday, November 14 - some new cyanotypes
Mari calls these "lonely objects"
She told me that Ishiuchi Miyako talks to the objects as she photographs them


cyanotypes drying in the room across the hall


  1.  teacup fused to a broken plat from the heat of the Abomb


A-Bombed Bottles on hand coated paper like psychedelic bomblets or blue rain




fake crepes that look like sweet pizza slices
on display in a mall 
  fake wheat same mall


book on Jan Svenkmeyer's Alice in Wonderland

bar still life


morning shadows and reflections


interior dressing room door at Ne-Net


Mari's stylish black furry ankle boot sneakers. Or should I say "fashionable"? That's what everyone calls me here - ha! THEY have style! 


I said I loved Dumplings so Bo Jacobs brought me to the most amazing Gyoza place 




cleaned out my room for the arrival of 18 Saudi Arabian students
and then a couple left early so I didn't have to move over to Bo and Carol's afterall.


hedgehole from a taxi after MAC bar - dancing to Violent Femmes




Temple in a mall


working with Mari-san who make all this possible - Ishiuchi Miyako says the same thing - withour Mari, none of this work would be done....photos by Mayumi


Mayumi, a painting Professor at HCU who studied with my sister Susanne years ago at Carnegie Mellon., brought 2 of her students who wanted to see me work in the Peace Museum's Sunshine Garden




























either from walking so too much (but loving it) or carrying my portfolio bag heavy with big cyanotype paper and prints, or sleeping on a thin bed on a tatami mat, my back went out and this Chinese Doctor Masseuse Man cured me....

served us jasmine tea before the massage - US = Yoshi Kubota, a wonderful woman who uverheard me at the Peace Museum talking with Mari about finding a good massage. She works there too and lived in North Carolina when she was in high school for a year!!!!!!




super cool tea spot with art books and 6$ matcha







I got to sleep 2 nights in the main house/building of the World Friendship Center - these mice greet you at the top of the stairs


my door in the villa where I usually stay


my temporary door


temporary bed



for Paris and the world = how to stop the madness: PUT DOWN ALL WEAPONS


tram style - striped and plaid and red combat boots


LOVE this young woman / salesgirl at Ne-Net

Guests' shoes - oh the smell



Hiroshima from PARCO mall



schoolboy in uniform asleep on the tram


dinner after the fundraising board meeting at which I was a special guest with all my "bright ideas"

asparagus tempura


my new beautiful friends who were in a play called The Grandchildren of Hiroshima for which kids interviewed survivors





wet tree at night


Pounding Mochi 

No comments: